"The oppression I face has turned into a blessing, it has transformed me into a modern day prophet; pointing the way to justice."
- Rogelio Bañuelos OCCCO Leader
1 IMPROVING DEMOCRACY IN OUR CITIES: We proudly work with the SACReD Coalition and the Anaheim District Elections Table to fight for just and equitable electoral systems and laws.
2. CIVIC ENGAGEMENT: We currently conduct programs in political education, voter development and canvassing in Orange County communities.
3. IMMIGRATION REFORM: We advocate for comprehensive immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship.
4. EDUCATION POLICY: We organize Santa Ana, Anaheim and Fullerton families to engage schools districts for the California State Local Control Funding Formula.
5. HOMELESS POLICY: We work in Anaheim and Garden Grove with the Poverty Task Force and ALMMA to bring about sustainable resources for their homeless population.
6. Restorative Justice: We organize and advocate for implementation of restorative practices in OC law enforcement. We especially focus on procedural justice, use of force and racial profiling issue in Anaheim and Santa Ana and with the Santa Ana Building Healthy Communities Collaborative in Central Santa Ana.